The use of Consortium infrastructure requires the payment of a Service fee (on annual basis). The amount of the fee is determined according to the type of options requested by the connected network. Since this year there are the following port categories:
- Only Peering Ports: only public Peering VLAN (VLAN4) is available.
- Marketplace and/or dedicated ports: also private VLANs for Marketplace services or private backhauling are available.
In the following tables the prices (VAT excluded) for different services
For Peering Services, it’s possible to have remote access to TOP-IX with selected partners that are also members of the Consortium
- 10G Peering only ports are available also to NON-members, previous Board Approval (1,000 € activation; 11,000 € annual fee)
- VLAN METRO: VLAN within two PoPS in same metro area. In case on Metro within 2 ports od same PoP, only activation is charged
- VLAN GEO: VLAN within two PoPs not belongin at same metro area.
- 10% for multiple ports on same PoP. Discount is available on ports of same capacity. Example: in case of 2 ports at 1G and 1 port at 10G, only 2nd porta at 1G is discounted.
In case of public peering it’s possible setting up max 2 IP addresses and relative MAC addresses. TOP-IX is allowed to control if connected members do not implement practices against peering as tunnels or IP transit. Peering is also available through a member partner that allows the connection of more remote ASs (Remote Peering): for resellers more IP addresses and relative MACs are available for remote connections. Please refer to remote peering section for more details.
In case of Marketplace/Dedicated Ports, private VLANs are available for these purposes. Other IXP partner (Lyonix, VSIX and France-IX) VLANs belong to this group: for France-IX max capacity is limited to 100Mbps for each network. VLANs (METRO and GEO depending on network topology) can be configured within 2 ports of different members (Marketplace) or of same member (dedicated port). A member can request a single private VLAN propagated on different (more than 2) ports. Service fee applied amounts to (number of ports -1) X VLAN Service Fee.
Port Service Fee includes 3 RUs to locate a network device (router or switch but not servers). If more space is needed a special offer is provided. Network device housing is available in the following PoPs: TO-CSI, TO-ITGATE, Ivrea, Biella, Vercelli, Novara, Verbania, Alessandria, Asti, Cuneo, Fossano. For others, please sign a contract with a colocation provider.
Cabling is in charge of connecting network. In following sites cabling is permitted only towards OP-IX device: TO-CSI, Ivrea, Biella, Vercelli, Novara, Verbania, Alessandria, Asti, Cuneo, Fossano. Direct patching within colocated devices is not allowed.
Moreover TOP-IX provides services within Val di Susa following a digital divide contrast policy.
Service Fees do not include:
- housing costs in addition to the above mentioned 3 RU;
- cost of the connection between member headquarters and TOP-IX headquarters;
- configuration of member equipment;
- Consortium Joining Fee and Membership Fee;
- Membership to the Consortium Development Program (Development Program Fee).